Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Always learning something new

Time passed rather quickly. Tuesday was a class in PE I (Foundations of Physical Fitness) and Philosophy I and History I. No class in Wednesday. Thursday's schedule was the same as that on Monday. The difference is that Thursday is ROTC login day.
My last class ends 1600H. The time provided for us last training day to log in was until 1630H. Considering the time our math teacher ends the class, the level in the building I am on, and the distance between RH and SSWC is, I have to rally my things (a big black bag and other stuff brought by hand) real quick. About five minutes before deadline, I've arrived in the SSWC. There were about 5 cadets, I cannot tell who are MS 11 or MS 21.
Knowing by now how to enter a room properly, no more problem with that. Still, the fear of making a mistake, particularly in saying the words, and what or who waits inside, I have to wait a second and prepare mentally and physically before I get through the rectangular doorway.
I knocked three times, twisted the doorknob, and shouted the correct words, a few sophomore girls taking PE looking suddenly at me in surprise.
No one answered.
Did I say the words wrong, or have they not heard me? After about five seconds, I tried again. Knock three times, twist the door knob, and shout the words. The girls are giggling in entertainment. I hate this.
Still, no one answered.
I have to remember if I am missing something wrong. I noted how I knocked the door. It's correct. Knowcking with the "full force of you elbow". It was loud.
When I was about to try again and raise my hand, a female cadet officer opened the door, giving instructions how to do it.
" 'Pag binuksan mo iyong pinto, buksan mo nang ganito (about 6 inches), para marinig ng mga tao sa loob." (When you open the door, open it up to about 6 inches, so that the people inside could hear who you are.)
"Sir, yes, sir," I answered.
"Again," the CO said while I she went out of the room and into the door after the Corps office.
The thing that raised my alert was that this CO was the same CO that had me do 20 pushups to sympathize with another person during enlistment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adventuring Zeit said...

Holy Guacamole! XD Your blog, though not very updated, is pretty interesting. :) I'm a student at UP Diliman, taking ROTC (instead of CWTS with my blockmates or orgmates) and considering COCC. Your blog is really... Wow. :) So detailed... A picture of a day in the life. XD Please update. This is awesomeness. :)

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home